Journeyman Level HVAC Service Tech
Up to $10,000 Signing Bonus!
If you are the type of person who takes pride in their work, enjoys a collaborative workplace, and thrives in an environment with those who take a team approach, then Cardinal is probably a good fit for you! Please read the job description and submit your resume. We are actively looking to add new team members today.
Troubleshoot, repair, and provide maintenance on a variety of residential and light commercial HVAC systems.
- Communicate clearly, the ideas and explanations of problems to customers and coworkers
- Train and instruct other employees
- Troubleshoot equipment; make repair and/or replace options
- Acquire commercial and residential planned maintenance program (PMA)
- Responsible for follow-up process on each work order
- Converse with facilities engineers, building managers, homeowners and general contractors
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Run after hour’s calls as required
- Be on the on-call weekly rotation
- Complete clear and concise paperwork as needed
- Maintain truck inventory levels per company issued list
- Clean and organize your van weekly
- Be familiar with and practice industry standard safety measures
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams and blueprints
- Be familiar with a wide range of equipment and troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to repair a wide range of HCAV equipment
- Experience making repair and replace decisions
- Ability to acquire low voltage license within 2 years of employment as Journeyman Service Technician
- Advanced customer service skills
- Demonstrate willingness to accept responsibility and leadership roles
- Operate Genie lifts in safe manner
- Knowledge of basic sheet metal practices
- Knowledge of air balancing principles and techniques
- Acquire training on residential radiant boiler systems and controls
- Sales skills and ability to offer customer options when necessary
- Professional attitude with strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, flexible and team player
- Good communication skills; written and verbal
- Positive attitude with good organizational skills.
- Ability to teach, train, and lead others policies, procedures and best practices.
- Wear company provided uniform at all times while at work
- Ability to lift over 50lbs on a regular basis and over 100lbs occasionally
- Must be able to walk, bend and crawl for on-site job inspections
- Must be able to perform all tasks as listed above
- High school diploma required. AA or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have valid Washington State driver’s license and be able to drive to meetings and job sites
- Experience with HVAC equipment and systems
Cardinal Heating & Air offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, disability, 2 weeks paid vacation in the first year, and 401K. Compensation is dependent upon experience.