HVAC Retrofit Installer
Up to $10,000 Signing Bonus!
If you are the type of person who takes pride in their work, enjoys a collaborative work place and thrives in an environment with those who take a team approach, then Cardinal is probably a good fit for you! Please read the job description and submit your resume. We are actively looking to add new team members today.
Responsible for installation of HVAC systems to include forced air furnace and
air conditioners, heat pumps, mini splits, gas piping, and sheet metal ductwork. Work with Retrofit Manager, Department superintendent, Install Coordinator, and install team to deliver successfully completed projects for Cardinal customers. Conduct must be of the utmost professionalism, carrying the values, ethics and integrity of the company when dealing with clients and teammates.
Salary DOE plus signing bonus, paid holidays, 401k with company matching, paid PTO, generous health insurance, optional dental plan, company provided vehicle.
- Positive and professional attitude with strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, flexible and team player
- Good communication skills; written and verbal
- Knowledge of normal safety practices pertinent to the trade
- Keep work area neat and clean at all times and show respect for our customers’ and company property
- Provide hand and battery power tools needed to perform your role
- Complete clear and concise paperwork as needed and ensure your timesheets and other administrative documentation are accurate and timely
- Keep your vehicle clean, organized and stocked with needed parts and equipment
- Install HVAC, heating/cooling systems, hot water heaters, gas piping, refrigeration lines, plumbing, thermostats, zoning, and all related control wiring
- Be familiar with a wide range of equipment and troubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge of air balancing principles and techniques
- Understanding of how integrated systems are controlled
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and layouts
- Verify and coordinate HVAC building code compliance
- Oversee and instruct all Installers and apprentices working on your project. Emphasis on teaching best practices for quality and efficiency
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Develop long term training relationships with apprentices working under you
- Layout, draw, and order custom fittings in a timely manner in order to avoid project delays
- Communicate clearly, the ideas and explanations of problems to customers and coworkers
- Responsible for maintaining job profitability and work with department Superintendent, Project Coordinators, and Retrofit Manager to create change orders as needed
- Responsible for daily communication of job needs to Retrofit Superintendent and Retrofit Manager
- Ensure all materials ordered for a project have been accounted for and loaded before leaving the warehouse (verify with any apprentices working with you)
- Assist coordinators in scheduling inspections as requested
- Anticipate challenges on projects and provide solutions to your supervisor
- Be a resource and provide support for the Retrofit Manager, Layout Coordinator, Install Coordinator, HVAC Installers, and Apprentices
- Maintain current licenses and CEUs
- Willingness to work late afternoons and occasional weekends when schedule demands
Education, Licensure & Experience:
- High School Diploma and related Sheet metal trade training
- Minimum 3 years of experience installing HVAC, heating/cooling systems, and temperature control systems
- Washington 06A Journeyman or 06B Residential electrical license (preferred-training card a minimum)
- EPA certification
- CPR card
- WSU duct test/blower door certification (preferred)
- WA plumbing journeyman, CCST, Seattle Gas, Seattle Refrigeration, licenses or certifications are a plus
- Valid WSDL with good driving record a must – driving record will be required
- Must be physically fit and capable of routine lifting of up to 50 lbs. with occasional weights over 100 lbs.
- Must be able to walk, bend and crawl for on-site duties
- You must be able to clearly communicate in person, in writing, and on the phone
- Must be able to perform the responsibilities of the job description
- Wear company provided uniform at all times while at work
Cardinal Heating and Air offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, disability, 2 weeks paid vacation in the first year, and 401K. Compensation is dependent upon experience.