Learn how to detect and stop the silent killer
Carbon monoxide is odorless, colorless and tasteless. It’s a deadly gas. Here are some prevention and detection tips to keep you and your family safe:
- Install carbon monoxie detextors on each level.
- Don’t run any fueled engines in the garage, even if the door is open.
- Open your fireplace flue for adequate ventilation and don’t use barbeque grills in the garage.
- Use heating equipment approved by an independent testing laboratory.
- When changing a furnce filter, make sure the new filter is correctly positioned and the access panel is securely fastened.
- Have your home’s furnace inspected and serviced annually by a qualified technician.